When it comes to home décor, lighting plays an important role. Not only does it add warmth and accentuate the aesthetic appeal of a space but it also contributes to the overall ambiance. A popular lighting option that has been in demand is chandeliers. These grand and striking fixtures have been known for their elegance and grace. However, with the advent of modern design, chandeliers have taken on a new form – short chandeliers. Here, we explore the modern charm of short chandeliers.
What are short chandeliers?
As the name suggests, short chandeliers are chandeliers that are lower in height. Typically, traditional chandeliers have a long chain which suspends the fixture from the ceiling at a considerable height. However, short chandeliers are more compact and placed lower in the room. They can be found in a variety of styles and designs, from contemporary to vintage, making them a versatile option for different types of décor.
Advantages of short chandeliers
1. Perfect for low-ceiling spaces: Short chandeliers are ideal for spaces with low ceilings where the larger traditional chandeliers wouldn’t fit. They add a touch of elegance without overwhelming the space.
2. Easy to clean: Since they are closer to the ground, short chandeliers are much easier to clean and maintain compared to their larger counterparts.
3. Adds a modern touch: Short chandeliers come in a range of trendy designs and styles, making them perfect for modern spaces. They can create a focal point in the room and add to the overall décor.
Styles of short chandeliers
1. Crystal: Crystal short chandeliers are perfect for those who enjoy the traditional elegance of chandeliers but want something more understated. They add a touch of luxury to the space without dominating it.
2. Contemporary: Contemporary short chandeliers are minimalistic and come in unconventional shapes and sizes. They add a modern element to spaces and are ideal for those who enjoy a little bit of quirk.
3. Vintage: Vintage short chandeliers have a nostalgic charm to them. They come in antique finishes and lend a retro touch to modern interiors.
Placement of short chandeliers
1. Dining room: Short chandeliers work well for dining rooms. Placed low on top of the dining table, they provide ample lighting whilst also adding an element of sophistication.
2. Living room: Placed centrally in the living room, short chandeliers create an inviting ambiance that’s perfect for entertaining guests.
3. Bedroom: Short chandeliers can also work as statement pieces in bedrooms, adding a touch of luxury to the space.